Sunday 21 November 2010

EF Mass at Birmingham Oratory

Bernie and I were in Birmingham visiting some friends (Anna and the rest of the kids couldn't come this time) so we took the opportunity of going to Low Mass at the Oratory this morning.

It's a while since I've been to a Low Mass, and it was fabulous. So quiet (apart from various children, whose subdued soundtrack made it sound like a truly Catholic Mass!) and so prayerful.

Also, as ever at the Oratory, I was struck by the variety of people present. I spotted Matthew Doyle and family, whom I recognised from his blog; I also think I saw Dr Strabismus (whom God preserve) of Utrecht, Captain Foulenough, the well known diva Rustiguzzi, Roland Milk, the poet, and Mr Justice Cocklecarrot.

4 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Well I know Matt Doyle but who on earth are the others?

Patricius said...

What wonderful names!

Ttony said...

The beaches of Brum well combed.

Ben Trovato said...

Ttony

Yes of course, all (except the Doyles) from the imagination of the wonderful Beachcomber. I knew some of my dear readers would get the reference - and resisted the urge to add comments from Prodnose in the coms box...