Monday 11 October 2010

Boys...

Anna found a bit of paper scrunched in the bottom of Charlie's school blazer pocket. ' Important dates for this term.' It included the fact that Charlie has an exam today - first part of his English GCSE, so moderately serious.

Somehow, with his big sisters, we would have known about this, we would have been given the bit of paper, we would have had the dates in the family diary, and so on.

But I'm told by other, more experienced, parents, that boys are different like that - and I reflect ruefully that Charlie is very much as his dad was a that age...

3 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

I can so relate!

Ttony said...

Welcome (back) to our world! And every time you tell him to get better organised, hear your own parents talking to you!

Ben Trovato said...

This has clearly struck a chord... and yes, my long-siuffering parents; voices are very much in my mind (may they rest in peace...) Mind you, I was their third boy, (8th child) so they'd got the hang of it by then...